Day 34 Mug Mac 'n' Cheese
So Day 34 was thrown a curveball. Originally we were supposed to visit a new seafood market. I've been wanting to go for the past 3 weeks, but every time I schedule it, something comes up. I'm not giving up on this one though. Today was for an obviously good reason, my daughter woke up with a fever and vomited. With that said, we were absolutely not going to be leaving the house. Luckily she started feeling better throughout the day. Yay! With the inability to leave, I had to drum up something that was quick to record during her nap! I started to look at TikTok. This is an unbelievably great resource for quick recipes. I have found so many on there that I would like to try. Fortunately I came across the mug mac n' cheese. Since I needed to run to Walmart for some children's motrin I picked up cheese and pasta.
Here's the recipe:
1/3 cup elbow pasta
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup grated or shredded cheese
That was it! 4 ingredients, I love it! Remember you can use whatever you have on hand. Don't have elbow pasta use what you got. I figure you can even use lasagna pasta as long as it's broken up really well. No grated or shredded cheese? Get your block or slices, and cut it up small. Easy peasy.
- Place the pasta and water into the mug.
- Place it in the microwave for 4 minutes, stopping at each minute to stir. (my water boiled out of the mug after the 2nd minute, just dry it up and continue on)
- Add the milk and cheese, mix.
- Place in microwave for 1 minute
- Take it out and mix until thickened. (when I took it out the cheese sauce looked watery, but i just kept on stirring and it eventually thickened up)
- After tasting it I added a pinch of salt.
I'm glad I came across this recipe, not only was it easy and quick, but I usually have these ingredients on hand so it makes for a nice "I'm hungry and now and don't want to cook" meal. So in the end even though I couldn't do initially what I had planned. I was able to execute and continue on with our challenge. I hope this inspires you to do something new!
My impromptu day 34 was a success!